We are all longing for a return to normalcy in our lives. We all miss the freedom of being able to travel without worry. The current pandemic has many of us grounded in our homes, but luckily there are some ways around it.
For the city dwellers looking to get away from the hustle and bustle, Siargao Island is an ideal place to be. The journey is not as straightforward as usual, but it is worth it!
To all domestic and foreign tourists who wish to enter Siargao Island, Surigao del Norte - here are some protocols, relevant information, and documents to help you plan your trip. Under Executive Order No. 20-026, s. 2020:
- You need to demonstrate a negative result on the real-time rapid test (RT-PCR) taken within 48 hours prior to the date of arrival in Surigao del Norte.
- Prepare documents such as the Barangay Certificate, Medical Certificate, valid identification card, or passport.
- A total of 15 days confirmed booking from a resort, hotel, or hostel accredited by the Department of Tourism (DOT) as a quarantine facility. Bravo Beach Resort is accredited.
- A printed copy of Provincial Health eForm which you can generate from this link.
- Upon arrival at the accredited accommodation, the tourist shall undergo a strict 14 days self-quarantine.